Apricot-glazed HamFrom abbott41 4 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- ½ boneless fully cooked lean ham ( 4 pounds ) shopping list
- whole cloves shopping list
- 2 cups ginger ale shopping list
- 2/3 cup 100% apricot spreadable fruit shopping list
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 3 Tbs. Dijon mustard shopping list
- ½ tsp. ground ginger shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 325.
- Score surface of ham, making diamond shapes ¼ inch deep. Insert a clove in each diamond. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; pour ginger ale into pan. Loosely cover with foil. Bake at 325 for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, combine the spreadable fruit, brown sugar, mustard and ginger; brush some over ham.
- Bake, un-covered, for 1 ½ to 2 hours until a meat thermometer reads 140 and ham is heated through, brushing occasionally with glaze. Serve with remaining glaze.
- Serving size: ( 3 ounces cooked ham with 1 ½ teaspoons additional glaze )
- Nutritional Values: Calories per serving: 182, Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 47mg, Sodium: 1200mg, Carbohydrate: 12g, Protein: 21g,
- Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit
- Note: This is Diabetic friendly, Gastric Bypass Friendly and for anyone.
The Cookabbott41 Boston, MA
The Rating7 people
I made my first ham this way, many years ago. I still love the flavor of the pineapple slices. Thanks for bringing back sweet memories.tablescape in loved it
ME LOVE HAM!!! ME LOVE this recipe:) bein silly:) HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!! Glad to see ya doing good:) WML Ed will translate for ya:)snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Wow... super recipe... Thanks!!!
berry in loved it