Carribean-style Black-eyed PeasFrom zereh 6 years ago
- 1-lb dried black-eyed peas, soaked overnight and cooked according to package directions until nearly done OR three cans of black-eyed peas shopping list
- 8-oz diced ham, medium dice shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed and then minced shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 t dried thyme shopping list
- 1 t black pepper shopping list
- 1 habanero pepper, minced very finely (careful, they're hot!) shopping list
- 1 can coconut milk shopping list
- 1/2 can of water (using the coconut milk can) shopping list
- 3+ cups hot cooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- Combine everything in the crockpot except the rice. Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Serve over rice.