Always On My Mind Biscuits And Chocolate Gravy With CocoaFrom cuzpat 7 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups self-rising white flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- flour for dusting shopping list
- chocolate gravy shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unbleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, optional shopping list
- cocoa shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 3 quarts milk shopping list
How to make it
- 1. To make the biscuits: Preheat the oven to 450° F. Grease a baking sheet.
- 2. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar and baking soda in a large bowl. With a pastry blender or fork, cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. Stir in the buttermilk and mix until a soft dough forms. Turn the dough out onto a clean work surface dusted with flour and pat into a ¾-inch-thick circle. Using a 2-inch round cutter or glass, cut the dough into 12 biscuits, gently reshaping the scraps as necessary. Place the biscuits on the prepared baking sheet and bake for approximately 8 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly.
- 3. To make the chocolate gravy: Whisk together the sugar, cocoa powder and flour in a medium saucepan. Slowly whisk in 3 cups of water, followed by the vanilla. Turn the heat to medium and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, whisking constantly. To create a thicker gravy, blend together the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water in a small bowl. Transfer this mix to the chocolate gravy and whisk the gravy over low heat until thickened.
- 4. To make the cocoa: Whisk together the sugar and cocoa powder in a soup pot. Whisk in 4 cups of water, followed by the milk. Turn the heat to medium and bring the mixture to a boil, whisking often. Turn off the heat.
- 5. To serve, cut each warm biscuit in half horizontally. Lay both halves, cut side up, in a bowl. Spoon the warm chocolate gravy over the biscuits and serve with a mug of hot cocoa.
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
The Rating6 people
I WANT NOW!!! ME LOVE CHOCOLATE!!!!! With biscuits hmmmm... This I gotta try:) HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Yum yumhungrybear in Miner loved it
If it was good enough for Willie's grandma to make! then it good enough for me!goodeat in Benton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!