Cauliflower Gratin With OrzoFrom zereh 6 years ago
- 1/2 c orzo shopping list
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets shopping list
- 4 T butter, divided shopping list
- 2 T AP flour shopping list
- 2 C heated milk (I heated mine 1 min in microwave, let it set while I melted butter for the roux, then heated for 1 minute more after I added the flour for the roux, it was steamy but not boiling) shopping list
- fine sea salt shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 paprika shopping list
- 1 c grated gruyere shopping list
- 1/4 c grated Parmesan shopping list
- 1/4 breadcrumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375
- Spread orzo in the bottom of a 2-qt baking dish. Add cauliflower, tucking them tightly together.
- Melt 2 T butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until thick roux forms, about 2 minutes (carmel colored). Whisk in hot milk and cook, constantly whisking, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Season generously with sea salt, pepper and paprika.
- Pour Bechamel over cauliflower and orzo. Sprinkle top wit the cheeses and breadcumbs. Melt the remaining 2 T butter and drizzle over top. Bake about 1 hour. If top doesn't brown enough for your taste, broil it briefly to crisp it up.