Festive Cranberry Apricot PieFrom carmenbigred 6 years ago
- 15oz. pk. folded refrigerated unbaked piecrust (2 crusts) shopping list
- 1/2c. sugar shopping list
- 3tbs. cornstarch shopping list
- 1 1/2tsp. pumpkin pie spice shopping list
- 1/4tsp. salt shopping list
- 3-15 1/4oz. cans apricot halves, drained and cut into quarters shopping list
- 1/2c. dried cranberries, snipped shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
- 1tbs. milk shopping list
- 1tbs. sugar shopping list
- 1/4tsp. pumpkin pie spice shopping list
How to make it
- Usin one of the piecrusts, line a 9 inch pie plate according to package directions. Fold edge under. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the 1/2c sugar, cornstarch, 1 1/2tsp. pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Stir in apricots and cranberries. Spoon into prepared crust.
- Place remaining piecrust on a lightly floured surface. Cut with a 2 inch-long leaf-shaped cutter or other desired cutter to make 20 shapes. In a small bowl stir together egg white and milk. Brush egg white mixture over pastry shapes; reserve remaining egg white mixture. Combine the 1tbs. sugar and 1/4tsp. pumpkin pie spice. Sprinkle half of the pastry shapes with the sugar mixture. Arrange six to eight of the shapes, alternating brushed and sprinkled shapes , in a circle in center of the top of pie filling. Brush edge of crust with remaining egg white mixture. Evenly distribute the ramaining pastry shapes around edge of crust. Cover edge lightly with foil.
- Bake at 375F for 35 min. Remove foil. Bake for 15 min. more.
- Cool on a wire rack.... Enjoy....
The Cookcarmenbigred Columbia, SC
The Rating4 people
This is my kinda 'pie' lovin' it:) HIGH FIVE FORKS!!! This is gonna be fun:)snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Sound so good!!!goodeat in Benton loved it
I did mention I love pie!!fishtrippin in Estelline loved it