Joyce Hiblers Broccoli Cheese SoupFrom arabella1174 5 years ago
- 1 lg bunch broccoli, chopped (I saved time and substituted frozen broccoli from the bag... worked wonderfully) shopping list
- 1/4 c. chopped onions shopping list
- 2 qt. chicken broth shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- Pinch thyme shopping list
- 4 T. butter shopping list
- 4 T. flour shopping list
- 1 qt. half-and-half shopping list
- 1 c. grated cheese or Velveeta cheese shopping list
- 2 c. cooked egg noodles shopping list
How to make it
- Simmer broccoli, onion and bay leaf in chicken broth until vegetables are crisp and tender.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Make sauce of butter, flour, and half-and-half.
- Pour sauce into broth mixture.
- Stir in cheese and egg noodles just before serving.