Penne Pasta With Roasted GarlicFrom twill10 7 years ago
- roasted garlic shopping list
- 1 head jumbo garlic (do not use elephant garlic, which is too bitter) shopping list
- olive oil, as needed shopping list
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly baste head of garlic with a little olive oil. Wrap garlic in foil, and poke a few small holes in foil. Bake for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours, until garlic meat is soft.( I never wrapped mine in tin foil). shopping list
- (roasted garlic can be added to other dishes or served alone as a spread with French bread. After roasting, the garlic will keep for several days if refrigerated. shopping list
- To serve, slice the garlic in half horizontally, drizzle olive oil over it, and warm in oven until golden. Gently squeeze each half to remove meat.) shopping list
- penne pasta with roasted garlic shopping list
- 20 cherry tomatoes, stemmed and halved shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 head roasted jumbo garlic shopping list
- 1 cup white wine shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter shopping list
- 20 fresh thin asparagus spears shopping list
- 1 pound fresh penne pasta shopping list
- 1 bunch fresh basil, chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 4 ounces goat cheese, room temperature shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Place cherry tomatoes on sheet pan, and drizzle with 1/4 cup olive oil. Bake about 20 minutes, until tomatoes are a bit shriveled and slightly brown at the edges. Remove from oven, and reserve. Slice head of roasted garlic in half horizontally. Squeeze each half to extract meat, and reserve.
- Place wine, butter, and asparagus in sauté pan or skillet over high heat. After wine-asparagus mixture comes to a boil, add tomatoes and garlic meat. When all but 1/4 cup of liquid has evaporated, reduce heat to medium and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill deep saucepan with water. Add pinch of salt and pepper, and bring to boil.
- Drop pasta into boiling water, and cook until it is al dente, about 2 minutes. Drain pasta, and add to asparagus-tomato mixture. Add basil and remaining olive oil. Toss pasta and sauce, then spoon into 4 bowls and crumble goat cheese on top. Serves 4.