PORK WITH APPLES AND SWEET POTATOESFrom spinach1948 6 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- ½ tsp. Ground cardamon shopping list
- ¼ tsp. pepper shopping list
- 4 ½ cups cubed peeled sweet potatoes ( about 1 ½ pounds) shopping list
- 4 tsp. Crisco extra virgin olive oil, divided shopping list
- 2 pork tenderloins ( ¾ pound each ) shopping list
- 4 large tart apples, peeled shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 425.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, cinnamon, cardamon and pepper. Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon spice mixture and 3 teaspoons oil; toss to coat.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer in a 15-inch x 10-inch x 1-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, un-covered, at 425 for 10 minutes.
- Rub the remaining oil over the pork; rub with remaining spice mixture. Place over the sweet potatoes. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cut each apple into 8 wedges. Turn pork; arrange apples around meat. Bake 15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160. Yield: 6 servings.
- Serving size: 1 piece
- Nutritional Values: Calories per serving: 321, Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 67mg, Sodium: 452mg, Carbohydrate: 37g, Fiber: 5g, Protein: 26g
- Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 ½ starch, 1 fruit
- Note: This is Diabetic Friendly and for anyone.