MEXICAN SQUASH DRESSINGFrom cuzpat 7 years ago
- 2 lb. yellow squash shopping list
- 1/2 c. water shopping list
- 1 (6 oz.) pkg. Mexican cornbread mix (mixed as directed) shopping list
- 2 c. milk shopping list
- 1/2 c. chopped celery shopping list
- 1/2 c. chopped onion shopping list
- 2 bell peppers, chopped shopping list
- 2-3 hot peppers, deseeded & chopped (if desired) shopping list
- 3-4 tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 1 (10 oz.) cream of chicken soup or cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 2 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning shopping list
- 6 slices American cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook squash in water in covered saucepan until tender. Drain and mash. Crumble cornbread into milk and set aside.
- Saute celery, onion and peppers in butter until tender. Add black pepper, soup and poultry seasoning. Add squash. Stir in cornbread mixture. Pour ingredients into greased 2 quart casserole baking dish. Bake for 1 hour or until set. Put cheese on top of dressing and brown.
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
The Rating4 people
Love this version, sounds yummy and different...thanks and five forks!
debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
Well Good Morning :) This sounds like a winner!! HIGH FIVE FORKS!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Five forky!!!goodeat in Benton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!