Pecan Topped Carrot PieFrom carmenbigred 7 years ago
- 4c. sliced fresh carrots shopping list
- 14oz. can sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1tsp. pumpkin pie spice shopping list
- 1/2tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- Dash of salt shopping list
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9inch) shopping list
- 1c. chopped pecans shopping list
- 1/2c. packed brown sugar shopping list
- 3tbs. butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Add 1 inch of water to a large saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Place carrots, milk, eggs, pie spice, cinnamon and salt in a blender. Cover and process until pureed; process 1 minute longer. Pour into pastry shell. Combine the pecans, brown sugar and butter; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 375F for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and the edges are browned. (Cover edges of crust with foil during the last 20 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary.)
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
The Cookcarmenbigred Columbia, SC
The Rating1 people
What a great way to get your carrots in! 5up
Diannediannehocut in Little Rock loved it
Sweet Tooth448 members
Cookies And Sweets452 members
Bake Sale126 members
Pie Lovers Of The World106 members
Delicious Foods39 members
A Tea Party71 members
Pies Pies Everywhere Is Pies45 members
Pies Pies Pies66 members
My Passion Is Baking62 members