Pesto Cream Cheese Stuffed Cherry TomatoesFrom heirloomtomato 6 years ago
- Healthy size handful of basil leaves (the whole container if using one of those plastic 0.75 oz fresh herb packs) shopping list
- clove of garlic (a really bitter piece of garlic could ruin everything so be careful!) shopping list
- 1/4 cup pine nuts shopping list
- 1/4 grated parmesan shopping list
- 1 6-8 oz size pkg low fat (not reduced fat) cream cheese. I used the Philly with 1/3 less fat. shopping list
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (the slightly bigger ones are ideal) shopping list
How to make it
- Throw everything but the tomatoes into the food processor and process until it is paste like.
- Hollow out the cherry tomatoes
- Put the pesto cream cheese in a baggie, cut the tip off of one of the bottom corners of the bag to create a 'pastry' type bag, and pipe the cheese mixture into the tomatoes
- Sprinkle chopped basil on top for garnish if desired.
- This also works well as an appetizer if you spread the pesto cheese on a crostini and then top it with a tomato slice. The cream cheese pesto alone is dip worthy with veggies, pita chips, crackers, anything. Tasty.
- Cook down the garlic for 1 min or so before you add it to the mix if you don't want the intensity of raw garlic flavor.
- Also, if you make it ahead be aware that the garlic flavor will intensify over time.
The Cookheirloomtomato Minneapolis, MN
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!