Chocolate Chip Marble SquaresFrom jaki44 5 years ago
- 1 8 oz. pkg. of cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 2 1/3 cups sugar, divided shopping list
- 3 eggs, divided shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 1/2 1 oz. squares unsweetened chocolate shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 6 oz. pkg. semi-sweet choc. chips, divided shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease and flour a 15x10x1 jelly roll pan.
- In a small bow, combine cream cheese and 1/3 cup sugar, mixing until well blended. Blend in one egg, set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine water, butter and unsweetened chocolate. Bring to a boil, remove from heat. Combine remaining sugar and flour; add to chocolate mixture, stirring to blend well. Blend in remaining eggs, sour cream, baking soda and salt. Fold in 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan. Spoon cream cheese mixture over batter. Swirl through batter with knife to marble. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into 24 squares. Enjoy.