Grouper With Sicilian SauceFrom floridiangourmet 6 years ago
- 1 grouper filet cut in half shopping list
- 1 shallot minced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 1 tsp capers rinsed shopping list
- 10 Sicilian olives shopping list
- 3/4 cup base tomato sauce ( see my recipe) shopping list
- 2 tsp Fat Tony's Sicilian blend ( reserved) shopping list
- 1/2 fresh squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- 2 TBS mayo shopping list
- 2 TBS romano/parmesan mixed cheese shopping list
- 3 TBS olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp anchovy paste shopping list
How to make it
- In a sauce pan on a low-med heat add 1 TBS olive oil and let it come up to temperature ( about 1 minute).
- Add the shallots and garlic and saute 3 minutes.
- Add 1 tsp of the spice and stir for 30 seconds
- Add the olives, lemon juice and anchovy paste and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the capers and tomato sauce and bring to a simmer and remove from heat.
- Mix the mayo, 1 tsp of spice and cheese in a small bowl.
- coat one side of the fish filets.
- turn your broiler on.
- In a saute/ oven proof pan bring 2 TBS olive oil to temp on med to high heat.
- Add fish MAYO SIDE UP and saute for 3 minutes.
- place under broiler for 5-7 minutes until top of fish is brown and fish easily flakes.
- place on plates and drizzle sauce over fish.
The Cookfloridiangourmet Hudson, FL
The Rating3 people
YA! the only fish I like is 'tuna' (they say it's not a fish...) and ur normal Clifford's Friday fish fry... haha but I will try this... using my 'new spices':) HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
I like this recipe and I'm a fish lover ;-p. The spices you sent for the sausages smell SOOOOO good. I'm tempted to nibble on the spices and forget about the meat....nah. I'll try your sausage recipe once my mom leaves. She's here for the holidays an...morechoclytcandy in loved it
I love fish with this kind of wonderful sauce on it. For the longest...didn't care for fish until I learned how to dress it up. Thanks for the great post. 5UP
Diannediannehocut in Little Rock loved it