Macaroni And Cheese - DiabeticFrom spinach1948 5 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 ounces elbow macaroni, un-cooked ( Low carb Dreamfields for diabetics) shopping list
- 1 Tbs. all-purpose flour shopping list
- ½ cup fat-free evaporated milk shopping list
- 2 tsp. reduced-calorie margarine shopping list
- 1 ½ ounces Velveeta Light cheese or Alpine Lace shopping list
- Dash of salt shopping list
- Dash of pepper shopping list
- 1 Tbs. fat-free egg substitute shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 2 tsp. dry breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. paprika shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 350.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain. Combine flour and 2 tablespoons milk; stir until smooth. Combine flour mixture, remaining milk, and margarine in a saucepan, stirring well. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove from heat. Add cheese, salt, and pepper; stir until cheese melts. Add egg substitute, stirring constantly. Combine cooked macaroni and cheese mixture. Pour into a 1 ½ cup baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and paprika. Bake, un-covered, at 350 for 20 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
- Diabetic Friendly
- Note: You may add seasons and spices to your liking.
- I have modified this recipe by changing some of the ingredients.
- This is my modified recipe.
- Nutritional Values: Calories per serving: 256, Fat: 6.3g, Carbohydrate: 14g, Cholesterol: 14mg, Sodium: 550mg, Fiber: 1g, Protein: 13.7g
- Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating10 people
Lv my mac and cheese mad this way high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Wonderful!!! I like that this 'calorie' conscious :) HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Sound nicehungrybear in Miner loved it
Pasta Place195 members
Diabetic And Or Lowcarb121 members
101 A Diabetic Low Carb Place158 members
101 A Cheese Place144 members
Cheese Lovers101 members
Anything Cheese31 members
All Things Cheese76 members
Casserole A Day61 members
Parties Potluck And Picnics18 members