Silver White Cake Betty Crocker - Used For Petits Fours As WellFrom hopscotch 3 years ago
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degress.
- Grease and flour baking pan, 13x9x2", or 2 round layer pans, 8 or 9x1 1/2".
- Measure flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, shortening, 2/3 cup of the milk , and the vanilla into large mixer bowl. Blend 1/2 minute on low speed, scraping bowl constantly. Beat 2 minutes high speed, scraping bowl occassionally. Add remaining milk and the egg whites; beat 2 minutes high speed, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan(s).
- Bake oblong 35 to 40 minutes, layers 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool.
- If desired, frost with White Mountain Frosting or Chocolate Frosting.
- *Do not use self-rising flour in this recipe.
- Note: For cupcakes, pour batter into paper-lined muffin cups, filling each 1/2 full. Bake 20 minutes.
- 2 Dozen
- Filbert Nut Cake:
- Add 1 cup ground filberts or hazlenuts to ingredients in mixer bowl. Bake cake in layers.
- Fill layers and frost cake with Maple frosting:
- In large bowl, combine 2/3 cup soft butter, 2 egg whites, 2 tbsp maple syrup and 4 cups (1 lb) confectioner's sugar. Beat until frosting is smooth and of spreading consistency.
- Lady Baltimore Cake:
- Bake cake in layers. Prepare White Mountain Frosting.
- for filling:
- Mix 1 cup of the frosting, 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts, 1/3 cup cut-up raisins and 1/3 cup figs, cut into strips.
- Fill layers with half the filling; spread remainder over top of cake. Frost side and top of cake with remaining frosting.
- Lemon-Filled White Cake:
- Spread oblong cake or fill layers with Clear Lemon Filling and frost with White Mountain Frosting. If desired sprinkle frosted cake with about 1 cup flaked or shredded coconut.