Banana Cream Cake with Strawberry Cream FillingFrom hopscotch 5 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 3 c Sifted flour shopping list
- 1 tb baking powder shopping list
- 1 ts salt shopping list
- 1/2 ts almond extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 ts vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 ts banana extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 c sugar shopping list
- 2 c heavy cream shopping list
- SIMPLE SYRUP: shopping list
- 1/3 c sugar shopping list
- 1/3 c water shopping list
- 4 tb Creme de banana shopping list
- STRAWBERRY FILLING: shopping list
- 1 1/2 c whipping cream shopping list
- 3/4 c Mashed fresh strawberries shopping list
- 1 ts Grand Marnier shopping list
- 3 tb powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 lg banana, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Beat eggs until light and foamy. Add flavorings. Add sugar gradually. Add flour mixture alternately with cream, beating after each addition until just smooth.
- Pour batter into two 9 greased round cake pans and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven 40 minutes or until done. Cool on racks and then brush with Simple Syrup.
- Simple Syrup:
- Combine sugar and water in a heavy small saucepan. Bring to a boil over moderate heat stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Stir in creme de banana.
- Strawberry Frosting:
- Whip cream in large chilled bowl on low speed until soft peaks form. Add Grand Marnier and sugar and beat on high speed until spreading consistency. Fold in mashed strawberries. Spread this mixture between layers and add sliced banana on top of bottom layer. Add remaining mixture on top and sides of cake.
The Cookhopscotch CA
The Rating2 people
5 forkstucky in Ottawa loved it
I'm making this for a Christmas party and I'll leave you some feedback later.choclytcandy in loved it
Hi Hopscotch, I'm not a big fan of chocolate covered strawberries, so I'll have to pass on that one. Well, maybe if it's white chocolate...I'll try it. I do need to know how many eggs this recipe calls for. I began to make it and noticed that eggs ar...morechoclytcandy in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!