Black Strap Molasses CakeFrom darqueangel27 8 years ago
How to make it
- Cream the Shortening and Sugar together and then blend in the beaten Egg.
- Mix the dry ingredients (Flour, Baking Soda, and Salt) in a different bowl and set the mixture aside.
- Measure 1 cup of Hot Water and combine 1 cup of Molasses with Hot Water in measuring cup.
- Alternately add the dry and Molasses mixture to the Shortening and Sugar mixture in small quantites and stir constantly.
- Blend all Ingredients well, until the batter is smooth.
- Pour into a greased and floured Turks Head or Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- The top of the cake can be garnished with powdered sugar.