Smashing Sweet PotatoesFrom jaki44 5 years ago
How to make it
- Place the cubed sweet potatotes in a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until you can pierce them easily with a fork.
- While the sweet potatoes are simmering, combine butter and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat and cook until butter melts and the sugar caramelizes. Remove pan from heat.
- When sweet potatoes are done, drain and mash them, then add the cararmelized sugar, honey, cinnamon and allspice. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve at once or can be kept warm in covered baking dish for about 1/2 hour, or reheated in microwave, if necesary.
The Cookjaki44 Tampa, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!