Potato Leek SoupFrom iamso 4 years ago
- 2 medium leeks, washed and rough chopped shopping list
- 3 extra large russet or starchy potatos (about 3 cups chopped) shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion shopping list
- 1 tbsp garlic, crushed shopping list
- 900mLs chicken stock, prepared shopping list
- 3 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- pepper to taste (i like lots) shopping list
- 1 tsp rubbed parsley shopping list
- 300mLs heavy cream, milk or skim milk (your choice) shopping list
- slivered almonds (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Roughly chop all vegetables, prepare chicken stock if using powder, and measure out all ingredients (it saves you from scrambling between steps.
- in a large sauce pan, or small stock pot, heat the olive oil. When heated, saute onions and garlic. Add leeks after about 1 minute.
- place chopped potatoes on top of onions and leeks, chicken stock, pepper, salt and parsley. Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, but not mushy - you don't want to overcook them, or the soup will end up gluey. Remove from heat.
- Using a hand blender or tabletop blender, blend until everything is just pureed. Again, if you over-puree, the soup will end up gluey. Return to low heat. Add cream/milk, and almonds if desired, stir and heat through.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve hot with a dinner roll or other fresh bread.
The Cookiamso Victoria, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!