Black Raspberry Cheese CakeFrom midgelet 4 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- chocolate cookie or cake crumbs ( esp chocolate sponge cake layer ) shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 4 package cream cheese ( 8 oz each ) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 Tbs cornstach shopping list
- 1 cup black raspberries( fresh or frozen )pureed or finely chopped or red raspberries shopping list
- 1, 3 oz pkg black or black or red raspberry gelatin shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1 jar of seedles black or red raspberry preserves shopping list
- optional whipped cream rosettes shopping list
How to make it
- Preparation does not include baking of a sponge cake layer or chocolate cookies.
- Storebought is just fine too
- Butter a 9 inch springform pan.
- Either dust buttered pan heavily with chocolate cookie or cake crumbs or place a thin layer of a chocolate cake or sponge cake to fit bottom of springform pan.
- Beat softenred cream cheese smooth.
- Beat in sugar and vanilla smooth.
- Beat eggs all together separately and then blend into cream cheese mixture,
- Blend in sour cream
- Sift on cornstarch and blend in.
- Mix raspberry puree and gelatin together.
- One can either blend raspberry mix in completely to colorize cheese mixture or swirl into batter for a ripple effect
- Pour mixture into crust
- Bake in a 325 F oven until center appears almost set and jiggles like a custard .
- Or bake in a water bath at a lower oven temp and longer baking- this method assures a crackless top
- Check at one 1 hour for doneness and continue to bake as needed .
- Cool completely on rack.
- Chill overnight or at least 8 hours
- When cool spread over the top the raspberry preserves.
- To make this cheescake even more glamourous, pipe whipped cream rosettes in a decorative border over the top
- Note: I bake my own sponge cake layer but storebought is fine too
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
superb recipe !! well done , cant wait to make it ... well earned 5 f's !! Enjoy the holidays !!hungerhealer in Athens loved it
Simply perfect - I love cheesecake and blueberries!!aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Food Styling And Photography254 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Cheesecake Lovers337 members
Fruit Desert40 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Dairy Preparations8 members
Family Favorites140 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Sweet Treats15 members