Breakfast Biscuit PizzaFrom choclytcandy 6 years ago
- biscuit Crust: shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 stick cold unsalted buttter, cubed shopping list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
- For gravy and Toppings: shopping list
- 4 oz breakfast pork sausage shopping list
- 2 strips thick-sliced bacon, diced shopping list
- 2 tbs all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 tbs extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup diced onion shopping list
- 1 cup fresh spinach shopping list
- 1/4 cup seeded and diced roma tomato shopping list
- 2 eggs (room temperature) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk together 1 cup flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt for the crust in a bowl.
- Cut butter into dry ingredients with a pastry blender or two knives until butter pieces are the size of peas. Stir in buttermilk until all ingredients are moistened.
- Dampen your fingers so they don't stick to the dough, then pat crust into the bottom and partially up the sides of two 5-inch cast-iron skilllets. Bake crusts 10-12 minutes. Using the back of a spoon, press an indentation in the center of the biscuit crust to hold gravy and other toppings, leaving a 1/2-inch border of crust.
- Meanwhile, brown sausage and bacon in a small skillet over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove sausage and bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate. Drain all but 2 tbs drippings from the skillet.
- Whisk 2 tbs flour for the gravy into drippings in the skillet. Once flour is incorporated, whisk in milk.
- Cook, whisking to avoid scorching, until gravy boils and thickens, about 5 minutes. Continue whisking; cook gravy about 2 minutrs to eliminate flour taste. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon gravy into each pizza well, dividing evenly between the two.
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion; sweat until softened, 5 minutes. Stir in spinach; cook until spinach begins to wilt.
- Sprinkle sausage and bacon over gravy on pizzas; then top with onion-spinach mixtiure and tomato. Make a 3-inch wide well in the topping on each pizza. Crack 1 egg into each well. Return pizzas to the oven; bake until white of eggs are set; about 15-18 minutes. Remove pizzas from the oven; serve immediately.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
The Rating4 people
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........good!!! gonna try this over the weekend!! remind me to let ya know how it turned out!! HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Nice!!!goodeat in Benton loved it