Broccoli And Cauliflower Cheese BakeFrom vegheadsweetie 6 years ago
- 1/2 cauliflower head, cut into florets shopping list
- 1/2 broccoli head, cut into florets shopping list
- 3 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup flour shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup cheese, grated shopping list
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat overn to 400.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add your vegetables, cover and cook about 5 minutes-the veggies should be firm but not raw. Drain the water and place the veggies into a baking dish; 2-quart works.
- Melt the butter in the same pot over medium heat and stir in the flour. Cook for about a minute, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the milk until it's smooth.
- Return to medium heat and cook, stirring constantly intil the sauce comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 3 minutes or until the sauce is creamy and smooth; stirring the whole time.
- Again remove from the heat and stir in the cheese, salt and pepper to taste. Pour the sauce over the vegetables and put some parmesan cheese on top; as much or as little as you want. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- NOTE: You could also add in baby carrots if you want a bit more color. Serving with a green salad and french bread is very yummy. My dad likes it when a bit of nutmeg too, added when you stir the cheese into the sauce.
The Cookvegheadsweetie Mayer, AZ
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!