Baked Beans With Ham On StovetopFrom juels 5 years ago
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, diced shopping list
- 12 oz. smoked ham, cut in small chunks or cubes shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 (15 oz) can navy beans, drained shopping list
- 1 (15 oz.) can fire-roasted tomatoes, or other canned tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 cup molasses shopping list
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. peper shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until softened, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the ham and garlic. Cook 3 minutes more.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes, water, molasses, mustard, vinegar and pepper. Bring to boiling, reduce to medium simmer, and cook for about 15 minutes, or until most of the liquid is reduced, and thickened. Stir frequently.
- Serve as a side dish.
The Cookjuels Clayton, NC
The Rating6 people
Great post!!!wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
I can 'taste' the delicious Flavors~
Thank-you for sharing~
~~~Happy New Year~~~"2010" Can You Believe It?!
~Photo~FLAGGED~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Love it! Happy New Year Juels, Maretheiris in Garden City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!