Mandarin SurpriseFrom hopscotch 7 years ago
- *This recipe does not take into consideration, the time to bake a genoise. shopping list
- cake base: shopping list
- Genoise Sponge cake/any sponge cake you favor shopping list
- cheese mousse: shopping list
- 200 gr cream cheese shopping list
- 125 gr heavy cream, whipped until thick shopping list
- 90 gr castor sugar shopping list
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) fresh squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) Sunquick mandarin concentrate shopping list
- 10 ml (2 tsp) gelatine powder shopping list
- 40 ml water shopping list
- Garnish: shopping list
- 7 plastic band (for molding), shaped into ring (round, or other shapes), stick the ends with cellophane shopping list
- 1 can mandarin oranges, drained shopping list
- Yellow/orange jelly candies shopping list
- whipped cream shopping list
- ½ package yellow/orange agar, boiled with 500 ml water. Or you can simply use your favorite jello for the top layer. shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the cake using your plastic ring, put the cake at the bottom of the ring. Arrange some mandarin oranges on the cake base. Set aside.
- In a double boiler, dissolve gelatine with hot water, set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and castor sugar until soft. Beat in lemon juice, mandarin concentrate and gelatin until well blended. Turn off the mixer.
- Gradually fold in whipped cream, blend well with spatula.
- Pour the mousse onto the cake base (it’s easier using piping bag). Refrigerate until set.
- Pour agar/jello on top of mousse, refrigerate until the topping set.
- Garnish with whipped cream, oranges and jelly candy, or as you like.
- Looking for decorations:
The Cookhopscotch CA
- Not added to any groups yet!