Spicy Sausage Bean And Cheese NachosFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 1 lb fresh hot pork sausage(scasings removed),crumbled shopping list
- 4 scallions,white and green parts seperated and chopped shopping list
- 1 Tbs chopped garlic shopping list
- 2 cans(15 oz ea) pinto or black beans,rinsed and drained shopping list
- 3/4 c chicken broth or water shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1/4 tsp coarse saly shopping list
- 12 oz. large tortilla chips(restaurant style) shopping list
- 3 c grated pepper jack,sharp cheddar or a combination shopping list
- 1/4 c picked jalapeno slices(optional) shopping list
- salsa and sour cream,for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Heat a large skillet over med-high heat. Add sausage and cook,breaking meat up with a wooden spoon,until sausage is browned and fat is rendered,about 5 mins. With a slotted spoon,transfer sausage to apaper towels to drain.
- Add scallion whites and garlic to akillet; cook till fragrant and soft,about 20 seconds. Stir in beans and cook 1 minute. Add broth,chili powder,cumin,and salt. With potato masher or back of a wooden spoon,mash beans till chunky-smooth. Reduce heat to medium and cook till warmed through,1 to 2 mins.
- Spread half the tortilla chips in a large ovenproof platter or baking dish. Top with half the beans,half the sausage,half the cheese and half the jalapenos. repeat with remaining ingredients. Bake till cheese melts and nachos are hot,about 5 mins.. Serve nachos topped with scallion greens,salsa and sour cream.
- If you don't like hot sausage feel free to substitute any other variety.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating5 people
This is great and delicious.
EDspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
Love nachos!Blessed New Year!lanabade in Goshen loved it
I'll be over to watch the 'Bowl' with ya.. HIGH FIVE FORKS!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it