Salmon Leek and Potato GratinFrom tablescape 6 years ago
- 1 3/4 lbs potatoes shopping list
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 3 small leeks, thinly sliced shopping list
- 5 oz fresh salmon fillet, skin removed shopping list
- 6 oz smoked salmon, diced shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream shopping list
- 3/4 cup shredded gruyere cheese shopping list
- 3 tbs unsalted butter, chopped shopping list
- Sprigs of fresh dill, to garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Peel the potatoes and place them in a large saucepan of salted water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender to the point of a knife. Drain and finely mash the potatoes,or puree them using a food mill or ricer. Mix in half the softened butter, then set them aside and keep warm.
- Melt the remaining softened butter in a skillet over low heat. Gently cook the leeks for 2 to 3 minutes without coloring. Drain the excess butter and spread the leeks evenly in an oval gratin dish. Set aside.
- If necessary, remove any fine bones from the salmon using a pair of tweezers. Place the fillet in a steamer basket, then cover and steam for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the tish changes color and begins to break apart when pressed with a fork. Break the fish into pieces and mix into the potatoes with the smoked salmon.
- Preheat the broiler to hot. Bring the cream to a boil in a small saucepan, then stir into the salmon and potato mixture. Mix well and season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to the gratin dish and sprinkle with the shredded cheese. Dot with the butter and brown under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden. Before serving, garnish with sprigs of dill.
- Note: You can also use smoked haddock or cod.
The Cooktablescape FL
The Rating5 people
This would have to be good. \0
Jeffhot_it_up in Columbiana loved it
My sister would 'love' this!!1 She is a 'salmon' enthuiast... HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!!!!!!111snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
Will have to make this for my Sister-inlaw and her husband, they are giving up meat and eating seafood and veggies only... Great post will definitely make this for them and the whole family.. Thanks... Happy New Year's to you and yours!!!!
Carme...morecarmenbigred in Columbia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!