Yellow Curry ChickenFrom atealee 6 years ago
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 oz can yellow curry paste shopping list
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs chicken thigh meat, boneless and skinless, cut in half shopping list
- salt & pepper, lightly season chicken meat shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 tbsp garlic, grated shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 tsp white pepper shopping list
- 2 baking potatoes, peeled and cut in quarters shopping list
- 1 can coconut milk, unsweetened shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 1 tsp brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp fish sauce shopping list
- a handful of frozen peas or two shopping list
- 1 green onion stalk, sliced, for ganish shopping list
How to make it
- In a heated wok or a large pan on med high temp, add the oil and all the curry paste. Stir together until hot and sizzling.
- Add the seasoned chicken meat and stir fry for about 5-7 minutes.
- When the meat is all brown on all sides, add the onions, garlic, bay leaves and white pepper. Stir fry for about 3 minutes until the onions are translucent. Add the potatoes.
- Carefully add the coconut milk, chicken stock, brown sugar and fish sauce. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 30 minutes until sauce has slightly thicken. Mix in peas.
- Serve with steamed rice and sprinkle sliced green onions.
- *Even better the following day!
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookatealee San Diego, CA
The Rating4 people
This sounds wonderful! Thanks for the post.valinkenmore in Malott loved it
It was fabulous. I love the fact the list of ingredients were much more user-friendly, especially I was not familiar with the actual type of the dish.eggplant13 in Charlottesville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!