Mini Pepper Corn MuffinsFrom pudgy47 7 years ago
- 2 Tbs. each diced sweet red and green peppers shopping list
- 1 - 1/2 tps. olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbs. cornmeal shopping list
- 6 Tbs. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 -1/2 tps. sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tps. baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tps. baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tps. salt shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 3 Tbs. butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a small skillet, saute peppers in oil for 5 minutes or until tender; cool slightly. In a bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, buttermilk, butter and peppers until blended. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill paper-lined miniature muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 425 F. for 6-10 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- 2. Yield: about 2 dozen.