Chilis Nacho BurgerFrom cliff 6 years ago
- pico de gallo shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced spanish onion shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and de-ribbed shopping list
- 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh cilantro shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- guacamole shopping list
- 2 small or 1 large Haas avocado shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup diced tomato shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon diced jalapeno shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- chili Queso shopping list
- 3 ounces ground beef shopping list
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- pinch of ground black pepper shopping list
- 16-ounce bottle Cheez Whiz shopping list
- 2 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 2 pounds ground beef shopping list
- 4 large sesame seed buns shopping list
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded or chopped thin shopping list
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 green onion, chopped shopping list
- 16-20 tortilla chips shopping list
- 2-3 fresh jalapenos, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- 1. First make the pico de gallo. This is easy. Just combine all
- of the ingredients for the pico in a small bowl and mix well.
- Cover bowl and chill in the refrigerator.
- 2. Now we'll make the guacamole. In a small bowl, smash up most
- of the avocado, but be sure to leave several unsmashed chunks.
- Add the remaining ingredients for the guacamole to the avocado
- and mix well. Cover bowl and chill in the refrigerator, next to
- the pico.
- 3. Next we'll make the chili queso. In yet another small bowl, mix
- together ground beef, flour, a pinch of salt, a pinch of black
- pepper, and a pinch of chili powder. Use your hands to work the
- dry ingredients into the ground beef. Brown the beef in a small
- skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Use a spoon or
- spatula to crumble the beef as it cooks. Cook until it's brown,
- then set aside.
- 4. Melt the Cheez Whiz with 2 tablespoons of milk over low heat.
- When milk and cheese has been combined, add the remaining queso
- ingredients. Heat while stirring often until cheese is smooth
- and creamy, then cover saucepan and remove it from the heat.
- 5. Pre-heat a griddle or large frying pan over medium heat.
- Lightly butter the face of each bun and brown the buns face-down
- on the heat.
- 6. Separate the ground beef into four 1/2-pound portions. Roll
- each portion of meat into a ball and then pat the meat down into
- a circular patty slightly larger in diameter than the hamburger
- buns. Cook the hamburger patties for 5-10 minutes per side, until
- done. Lightly salt and pepper each burger patty.
- 7. Build the burger open-faced in the following order starting
- with the bottom bun:
- On Bottom Bun
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- hamburger patty
- 2 tablespoons chili queso
- 4 or 5 crumbled tortilla chips
- 2 teaspoons green onion
- On Top Bun
- 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pico de gallo
- 2 tablespoons guacamole
- 4 jalapeno slices
- Serve burger with extra queso and guacamole. May also serve french
- fries on the side and use the chili queso for dipping.
- Makes 4 burgers.
The Cookcliff Nederland, TX
The Rating5 people
sounds delicous thanks for sharing high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
woooohooo! I LOVE Chili's! Haven't had this burger. Sounds fabuloso! (No I didn't just say fabuloso...what a geek) I will have to make a pitcher of Chili's El Nino Margaritas to go with these awesome burgers! (I have the margaritas and the egg ro...moresparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Any new version of a chilli burger I am all over, and you know crunchy things as an addition is not so awful??!! Yeah!shecooks4u in Chandler loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!