Tabasco Meringue PieFrom tucky 7 years ago
- Filling: shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. kosher salt shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 4 eggs, separated shopping list
- 8 oz. Tabasco sauce shopping list
- 1 Tbls. butter shopping list
- 1 9-inch pie crust shopping list
- Meringue: shopping list
- 4 egg whites, at room temperature shopping list
- 7 Tbls. sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the sugar, flour, salt and water in a heavy saucepan.
- Stir constantly over medium-high heat until mixture boils.
- Boil, stirring constantly and vigorously, for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Slightly beat the egg yolks in a bowl with a fork.
- Mix half the boiled mixture with the egg yolks.
- Then put the egg yolk mixture back into the pan with the boiled ingredients, and cook for 1 more minute, stirring constantly and vigorously.
- Remove from heat, and add thebutter.
- Add Tobasco Sauce,
- mix in throroughly.
- Pour into pie crust.
- To make meringue:
- Beat the egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- With mixer running, add the cream of tartar, then gradually add the sugar, a tablespoon at a time, and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Beat in the vanilla.
- Place the meringue atop the completed pie, be sure to seal the topping by filling all the way to the edges.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees F. or until top is nicely browned.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes.
The Cooktucky Ottawa, CA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!