Olive Garden Zuppa ToscanaFrom hopscotch 5 years ago
- Makes: 6-8 servings shopping list
- INGREDIENTS shopping list
- 1 lb ground italian sausage shopping list
- 1½ tsp crushed red peppers shopping list
- 1 large diced white onion shopping list
- 4 Tbsp bacon pieces shopping list
- 2 tsp garlic puree shopping list
- 10 cups water shopping list
- 5 cubes of chicken bouillon shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 lb sliced russet potatoes, or about 3 large potatoes shopping list
- ¼ of a bunch of kale shopping list
How to make it
- Sauté Italian sausage and crushed red pepper in a large pot. Drain excess fat, refrigerate while you prepare other ingredients.
- In the same pan, sauté bacon, onions and garlic for approxiamtly 15 mins. or until the onions are soft.
- Mix together the chicken bouillon and water, then add it to the onions, bacon and garlic. Cook until boiling.
- Add potatoes and cook until soft, about half an hour.
- Add heavy cream and cook until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in the sausage.
- Add kale just before serving. Delicious!
- Buon appetito!
- (Olive Garden use to post recipes on their web site, and they no longer do. Also, I always have my soups on low simmer, until it's time to sit down to eat. Thusly, about three to four hours. I like the flavors to marry each other, until they mesh.)