Steak DuniganFrom choclytcandy 7 years ago
- 4 large fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 tbs butter (1/2 stick) shopping list
- Hickory-smoked salt or regular salt shopping list
- 2 top grade New York sirloin steaks (about 1 lb, total) shopping list
- Green Chile and onion Sauce: shopping list
- 2 tbs olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium-sized onion, minced shopping list
- 2 cans (each 4 oz) New Mexican green chiles, drained and chopped shopping list
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp Tabasco or chopped jalapeno chile shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare Green Chile and Onion Sauce by heating oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat and saute the onion until soft and translucent, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the remaining sauce ingredients, reduce the heat, and simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Keep the sauce warm in a 200 degree oven.
- In another pan over medium heat, saute the mushrooms in the butter until they are soft, approximately 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and also keep warm in the oven.
- Shake the hickory salt on both side of the steaks. Broil or grill to the desired doneness (10 to 15 minutes for rare, 15 to 20 minutes for medium) turning them once.
- Transfer steak to plates, divide mushrooms over them, and cover with Green Chile and Onion Sauce.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
The Rating4 people
oh yes.. grill here i come..!! HIGH FIVE FORKS!!!snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it