Ole EnchiladasFrom canned_food_fan 7 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas shopping list
- Enchilada Filling: shopping list
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free vegetarian refried beans shopping list
- 2 cups cooked rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat or regular sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup medium-spicy or mild salsa shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus additional for topping shopping list
- 1 can (2 1/4 ounces) sliced olives, drained hot sauce to taste (optional) shopping list
- 1 can (16 ounces enchilada sauce, divided shopping list
- Toppings: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups medium-spicy or mild salsa shopping list
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat or regular sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into small chunks, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Arrange the tortillas in 2 stacks and place in a cold oven. Heat the oven to 400°F. Remove the tortillas after 10 minutes and cover with a warm damp towel.
- Enchilada Filling: Mash the refried beans in a medium bowl with a fork. Add the rice, cheese, salsa, cilantro, olives and hot sauce, if desired. Coat the bottom of a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with a thin layer of enchilada sauce.
- Place a tortilla on a cutting board and spoon a heaping about 1/3 cup filling over the center of a tortilla; roll it up. Set in the baking dish seam-side down. Fill the remaining tortillas and place them in the baking dish, squeezing them into place.
- Toppings: Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the rolled tortillas. Sprinkle 1 cup cheese evenly over the top. Bake, uncovered for 30 to 35 minutes until hot and bubbly. Let stand a few minutes before serving and, if desired garnish with a topping of diced avocado. Serve two enchiladas per person.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 420; total fat 10g (saturated fat 4.5g), cholesterol 20mg; sodium 860mg; carbohydrate 65g (fiber 10g); protein 19g
The Cookcanned_food_fan Pittsburgh, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!