Peppered Turkey-Corn Quesadillas with Tomato SalsaFrom canned_food_fan 4 years ago
- For the Quesadillas: shopping list
- 1 can (10 ounces) turkey or white meat chicken in water, drained shopping list
- 1 can (8 3/4 ounces) corn, drained shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 4 (6-inch) flour tortillas shopping list
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- vegetable oil cooking spray shopping list
- For the Salsa: shopping list
- 1 cup canned, diced, no-salt-added tomatoes, drained shopping list
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1 green onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- For the quesadillas: In a medium bowl combine turkey, corn and chili powder. Layer half of each tortilla with turkey mixture, then with cheese. Fold other half of each tortilla over top to cover filling.
- Spray both sides of folded tortilla with vegetable oil spray. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and tortillas are crisp and slightly browned. Cool 5 minutes.
- For the salsa: In a medium bowl mix tomatoes, jalapeño pepper, cilantro, green onion and lime juice. Set aside.
- To serve, cut each quesadilla in thirds. Serve tomato mixture (salsa) with quesadillas.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 450; Total fat 18g; Saturated fat 7g; Cholesterol 75mg; Sodium 860mg; Carbohydrate 40g; Fiber 4g; Protein 30g; Vitamin A 15%DV*; Vitamin C 25%DV; Calcium 30%DV; Iron 20%DV; Folate 16%DV; Potassium 8%D
The Cookcanned_food_fan Pittsburgh, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!