Chocolate Ice Box PieFrom pb4813 5 years ago
- 2 1/2 c milk shopping list
- 1 1/3 c granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 c unsweetened cocoa shopping list
- 1 tbspn butter or margarine shopping list
- 7 tbspns cornstarch shopping list
- 3 extra large egg yolks shopping list
- 1 tspn vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 c miniature marshmallows shopping list
- 1 baked 9 inch pie shell sweetened shopping list
- whip cream as needed shopping list
- chocolate curls or shavings as needed (use a chocalate bar & a potatoe peeler or cheese grater) shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan, combine 2 c of milk, sugar, cocoa & butter.
- Bring just to a boil over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cornstarch & remaining 1/2 c milk until cornstarch is completely dissolved.
- Then whisk in egg yolks & vanilla extract until well-blended. Whisking constantly, gradually add egg & milk mixture to saucepan.
- Cook, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes or until mixture is thickened & smooth. See Photo
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in marshmallows until melted. Pour into pie shell.
- **pressing plastic wrap directly onto the top of the hot pie filling prevents the formation of a tough, dry "skin" while the filling cools.** See Photo
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours & then you can cover it with plastic top provided w/pie shell.
- Top pie w/whipped cream & garnish w/chocolate shavings or curls.
The Cookpb4813 Wylie, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!