Authentic Mexican Picante SalsaFrom auntashley 7 years ago
- 4 roma tomatoes shopping list
- 1 jalapeno shopping list
- 1 serano chilli shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 half white onion shopping list
- 1 tbs pepper shopping list
- 2-3 tbs salt shopping list
- 4 tsp lime juice shopping list
- 1 tbs crushed red peppers shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Pour vegetable oil in the bottom of a medium sized pan. Next place three roma tomatoes in the pan with the jalapeno and serano chilli. Make sure to take the stems off them. Put the heat on the stove top to about medium low. Its better to set it at a really low temperature. Roll tomatoes, jala. and serano over every now and then for about 20 minutes. When they are done, the tomatoes will be soft and the jalapeno and serano with be a little brown.
- 2. Next get out a food blender or food processor. Cut the onion into quarters and put it in the blender with the two peeled cloves of garlic. Put the lime juice, salt, pepper, crushed peppers into the processor with the onions and garlic. Blend/chop these ingredients together in your blender a little. Throw the cooked tomatoes, jalapeno and serano into the blender and blend/chop them together. When most chunks are gone puree them untill mixture is consistent.
- 3. Now you chop the other tomatoe and one quarter onion a little. Don't chop into cubes because this is not necessary. Just throw them into the blender with the previous mixture and blend/chop until the chunks are to the size you want them.
- 4. Now you are done! Serve warm or refrigerate.You can also add cilantro if preffered. The picture is not my own but it is what it should look like before you put the chunks of tomatoe and onion in it.