Stumps Split Pea SoupFrom bostyn 3 years ago
- 1lb dried split peas shopping list
- 4 carrots shopping list
- 1 medium brown onion shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 whole bunch celery with leaves shopping list
- ham bone with sufficient ham remaining shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 6 pepper corns shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Soak dried peas overnight.
- Wash with water until the water runs clear.
- Simmer on low heat with the ham and bay leaf.
- When the peas are tender, remove the ham bone and set aside to cool.
- Once cool remove ham from bone and break up into bite sized pieces.
- Add chopped carrots, onion and celery.
- Simmer until tender.
- Run the soup through a soup mill BEFORE adding the ham back to the soup.
- Serve with Garlic bread.
The Cookbostyn San Diego, CA
The Rating2 people
Yep, this is the basic we all use and then change a bit each time. The trick with this is to get it not too thin and not too thick and you have to adjust. I do love split pea soup. Thanks for the post. RJelgourmand in Apia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!