Moules A La Mariniere - Steamed Mussels In White WineFrom luisascatering 6 years ago
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup minced shallots shopping list
- 4 cloves thinly sliced garlic shopping list
- 1 turkish bay leaf shopping list
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme shopping list
- 3 pounds medium to large black mussels, scrubbed and debearded shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- sea salt & fresh ground white pepper, to taste shopping list
- mixed fresh herbs: chopped fresh parsley leaves, chopped fresh tarragon leaves and chives shopping list
How to make it
- Set a large Dutch oven over medium heat and add the butter, shallots, garlic, bay leaf and thyme. Once the butter has begun to melt, stir and place the lid over the pan. Cook for 2 minutes, then add the mussels. Replace the cover and cook the mussels for 1 minute, or until they begin to open. Remove the lid and add the remaining ingredients, stir to combine, cover, and remove from the heat. Allow to sit for 2 to 3 minutes, or until all mussels are opened.
- To serve, divide the mussels between four large soup bowls and pour the cooking juices over the mussels. Garnish with additional fresh herbs and serve with grilled bread.
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating2 people
Lucky boy friend's mother. And she, my dear, is very lucky to know you. Thanks for the recipe. Looks wonderful.tablescape in loved it