Fiesta Pork Breakfast WrapFrom otterpond 7 years ago
- * 1 cup Eggbeaters shopping list
- * 2 tbsp evaporated milk shopping list
- * 1 tsp cilantro shopping list
- * 1 tbsp light margarine shopping list
- * 4 tbsp 3 pepper & onion Blend shopping list
- * 1/2 cup mushrooms, Sliced shopping list
- * 4 oz roast pork loin shopping list
- * 1 cup Chopped spinach shopping list
- * 1/4 cup Shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- * 4 tortilla High Fiber Low Carb tortilla shopping list
How to make it
- On Sundays I grate up a container of cheese and chop up a dish of onions and peppers to get rid of that food prep for the week. This makes it pretty easy to kill two birds with one stone making this recipe. You will find that an 8 oz block of cheese is about 2 cups shredded. This was on of my happy diet lessons I could still eat cheese but by using shredded I used much less and still had the enjoyment of it.
- Heat 1 tbsp of margarine in a medium sized skillet.
- Dice up the mushrooms, onion, red and green bell peppers putting and saute them for about 10 minutes until nicely softened. You are putting in about 1 tbsp of each veggie per portion.
- Dice up the cooked pork loin and add it to the pan with the veggies to warm.
- Measure out a cup of egg beaters (equivalent of 4 eggs) and add the milk, cilantro and beat well.
- Pour egg mixture into the skillet with the veggies. Make sure the veggies are evenly distributed in the egg.
- Top the egg mixture with the chopped fresh spinach and shredded cheese.
- Reduce heat to 3, cover and let the eggs cook for about 5 - 8 minutes or until well set.
- In a clean dish towel, wrap the tortillas, sprinkle a bit of water on top and microwave on high for about 30 seconds to make warm and pliable.
- When the eggs are cooked remove from stove and divide the pan into for equal wedges. Place on portion on top of each tortilla and roll the tortilla up burrito style.
- Wrap individually in wax paper if you aren't serving right away. These will reheat in 1 minute on high in a microwave.