Cheese Steak QuesadillaFrom karlyn255 5 years ago
- 2 tablespoons oil shopping list
- 2 medium onions, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 pounds bone-in rib eye steak (1-1/2 pounds de-boned) shopping list
- oil for frying (see instructions) shopping list
- 8 large (9-1/2-inch) tortillas shopping list
- 12 slices American cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet on medium high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of oil until it shimmers. Add onions, salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, and cook about 4 minutes, or until light brown.
- Set aside.
- To make meat easier to slice, place it in the freezer until partially frozen, about 30 minutes.
- Thinly slice meat at a 45 degree angle.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil to large skillet.
- Heat over medium high heat until shimmers; add half the beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until just cooked.
- Remove from pan and reserve.
- Repeat with remaining meat.
- Combine meat and reserved onions in a large bowl and keep warm.
- Wipe skillet clean and heat 2 teaspoons oil until shimmers.
- Add tortilla and cook about 20 seconds, until blistered.
- Turn over, place 1-1/2 slices cheese and 1/8 of the meat mixture over half the tortilla.
- Fold tortilla over filling.
- Remove from pan.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas, meat mixture and cheese.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookkarlyn255 Ypsilanti, MI
The Rating6 people
Oh Yeah Baby !!!!!you are talking my language i love it yummy!!!!!
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
VERY NICE!a1patti in Salem loved it
total man recipe..will use this one!shecooks4u in Phoenix loved it