Mals Raspberry Jelly Ring PieFrom chefmal 4 years ago
- Crust: (Not sure of the measurements) shopping list
- chocolate graham cracker shopping list
- 1 Cup sugar shopping list
- unsalted butter shopping list
- Or you can just use a ready-made one. shopping list
- _ shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1 4.2 oz box Dr. Oetker chocolate Raspberry Mousse Supreme shopping list
- whole milk, however much it says on the box to use, I forget shopping list
- fresh raspberries, rinsed shopping list
- chocolate syrup shopping list
- Optional: whipped cream and mint leaves as decoration, for those fancy affairs. shopping list
How to make it
- Okay, the crust is the tricky part. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grind the graham to fine crumbs using a mortar and pestle, or if you can find the graham cracker already in crumbs, good for you. Mix it by hand with butter and sugar until you get a malliable, crumbly consistancy, enough to form a crust on the bottom of a pie dish.
- Pop into the oven and bake for like 15 to 20 minutes, just to let it set.
- Take it out and let it cool for a bit.
- Make the mousse according to the box's instructions, It only takes the powder and cold milk.
- Using an electric mixer, whip the mousse in a large mixing bowl until...um, moussey. (This is why I don't have my own cooking show)
- Fill the pie crust with mousse filling, spread until even. It might come up a little short, that's okay.
- Arrange fresh raspberries as desired over the top of the pie, then squeeze chocolate syrup over the whole mess in a pretty pattern.
- Cover with plastic wrap and shove the whole thing into the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight before serving.
- This pie will be slammin' and your family will think you were channeling the spirit of Julia Child making this thing. No joke.