Worlds Best Grilled CheeseFrom allknowing 4 years ago
How to make it
- Butter both pieces of bread on ONE side only
- Place the first slice of buttered bread, buttered side DOWN (on bottom) in a fry pan
- Place one slice of processed cheddar cheese on the bread slice in the pan
- Spread hamburger (or other) relish over the cheese slice. Don't overdo it or you'll have a relish sandwich!
- Sprinkle parmesan or romano over the relish and cheese slice
- Place the second slice of cheese on top of all this
- Place the second piece of buttered bread on top of the sandwich, butter side UP
- Turn burner to medium and fry for a few minutes to brown the bread and melt the cheese
- Flip and brown the second side
- Remove, slice and serve
- Thinly sliced cheddar can be used but it is coarser and oily
- My younger teenager likes to add finely diced jalapeno peppers.
The Cookallknowing Chatham, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!