Sausage Rustica Breakfast WrapFrom otterpond 5 years ago
- * 1 link turkey italian sausage shopping list
- 1/2 cup onions, Diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup poblano pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp light margarine shopping list
- 1/2 cup Chopped spinach shopping list
- 1/4 cup Shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 4 tortilla High Fiber Low Carb tortilla shopping list
- 1 cup Eggbeaters shopping list
- 2 tbsp evaporated milk shopping list
- 1/4 tsp spices, Crushed red peppers shopping list
- 1 tsp oregano, Ground shopping list
- 1 tsp Sauce, Hot Louisiana shopping list
How to make it
- Dice the peppers and onions while the skillet is heating to medium.
- Saute the peppers and onions in a tsp of margarine in a medium sized skillet for about 10 minutes until nicely softened.
- Dice up the cooked sausage and add it to the pan with the veggies to warm.
- Measure out a cup of egg beaters (equivalent of 4 eggs) and add the milk and spices then beat well.
- Slowly pour egg mixture into the skillet with the veggies. Make sure the veggies are evenly distributed in the egg.
- Top the egg mixture with the chopped fresh spinach and shredded cheese.
- Reduce heat to 3, cover and let the eggs cook for about 5 - 8 minutes or until well set.
- In a clean dish towel, wrap the tortillas, sprinkle a bit of water on top and microwave on high for about 30 seconds to make warm and pliable.
- When the eggs are cooked remove from stove and divide the pan into for equal wedges. Place on portion on top of each tortilla and roll the tortilla up burrito style.
- Wrap individually in wax paper if you aren't serving right away. These will reheat in 1 minute on high in a microwave.