Oven Fried Pork ChopsFrom iamericap 4 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Pour enough vegetable oil into large shallow baking pan, to lightly cover the bottom of the pan.
- Pour 1 envelope of Shake ‘n Bake, 1 envelope of Oven Fry, and 1 tablespoon of flour into a separate dish and stir together.
- Beat 3 eggs into a bowl.
- (I prefer to rinse each pork chop, and pat dry with a paper towel, but I’m just funny about meat. This step is optional.)
- Coat each pork chop with egg.
- Put the pork chop into the dish of coating mix. Press it well into the mix, making sure to get the coating into all the little spaces. Turn it over and do it again.
- Put the pork chop into the pan of oil. Then turn it over. (So that both sides are oiled.) Don’t worry too much if some of the coating comes off, just be as gentle as possible.
- I’ve found that after doing 3 pork chops, the pan starts to get a little low on oil, so I refill it again, and do the rest of the pork chops.
- Now salt and pepper the top side of the pork chops. (Just do one side, or they will come out too salty.)
- Cook for 15 minutes. Gently turn the pork chops over and cook for another 10 minutes (thinner pork chops will take less time.)
- Put a couple of paper towels on a plate, and layer 2 pork chops. Then cover those with paper towels. Do again for all 6 pork chops. Cover it with a plate. This will keep the pork chops warm, and allow some of the cooking oil to drain off.
The Cookiamericap Dallas, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!