Baked Salmon Stuffed with Spinach Cream CheeseFrom hopscotch 4 years ago
- 2-3 oz. fresh spinach, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, room temperature shopping list
- Pinch of nutmeg shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 (6-8 oz.) salmon fillets about 1-inch thick, with skin on shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs from a crusty Italian-style bread shopping list
- 4 TB. melted butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Put spinach in a small saucepan with 1 TB. of water.
- Cook 1-2 minutes just to wilt the spinach. Rinse with cold water and squeeze dry.
- Combine spinach with cream cheese and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut a 1/2-inch deep slit in the middle of each salmon fillet, with skin side down.
- From the bottom of the slit, cut the fillet horizontally about 1-inch in both directions to form a pocket for the stuffing.
- Fill with the cream cheese mixture.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Brush a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper.
- Combine breadcrumbs, butter and Parmesan cheese.
- Top each fillet with the crumbs, covering each top and pressing to adhere.
- Place salmon on baking sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes or until fish is opaque. Serve with grilled vegetables, if desired.
- url: http://www.mangiabenepasta.com