Quinoa-Spinach BakeFrom karlyn255 5 years ago
- 1 pound spinach, leaves picked and washed shopping list
- 2 teaspoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon picked fresh thyme leaves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes shopping list
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (about 1 cup uncooked quinoa), made according to package directions shopping list
- 1 cup nonfat cottage cheese shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- olive-oil cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat an 8-by-8-inch glass or ceramic baking dish with olive-oil spray.
- Coat with breadcrumbs; set aside.
- Fill a large bowl with ice and water; set aside.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil.
- Add spinach; blanch until bright green, about 10 seconds.
- Transfer to ice bath.
- When spinach is cold, remove from ice bath, squeeze out all water, and finely chop; set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saute pan.
- Add onion, garlic, thyme, rosemary, and red-pepper flakes, and saute until translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat; transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add spinach, quinoa, cottage cheese, pepper, and eggs to the onion mixture, and stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish, and place in the oven. Bake until set and edges are brown, 60 to 70 minutes.
- Slice, and serve warm or at room temperature.