Collard Greens and KaleFrom missnaomimarie 4 years ago
- * 1 large bunch collard greens, about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds shopping list
- * 1 large bunch kale, about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds shopping list
- * 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- * 6 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- * 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- * 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- * a few dashes hot pepper sauce, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse collard greens and kale well in a large bowl of cold water.
- Drain and cut off tough stems.
- Cut leaves into 1/4-inch strips. You should have about 8 packed cups.
- In a well-seasoned heavy skillet or wok, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, 30 seconds.
- Add half of the collard greens and cook, stirring, for about 30 seconds.
- Add half of the kale and cook stirring, for about 1 minute, until they begin to soften.
- Add the remaining greens and cook, stirring constantly, for about 10 minutes, until the greens are tender.
- Season with the salt, pepper, and lemon juice, and a few drops of hot pepper sauce, if desired