Persian Chicken SaladFrom aussie_meat_pie 4 years ago
- 1 (2- to 3-pound) frying chicken shopping list
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 2 cups fresh shelled or frozen green peas shopping list
- 2 scallions, chopped shopping list
- 2 celery stalks, chopped shopping list
- 6 large potatoes, boiled, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 3 hard-boiled eggs shopping list
- 3 medium dill pickles, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 2/3 cup green olives, pitted and chopped shopping list
- Dressing: shopping list
- 3 cups mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup vinegar or lime juice shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Place chicken in pot with onion and salt. Cover and cook 1½ hours over low heat (no water is added because chicken makes its own juice). When done, allow to cool, then debone and finely chop.
- Steam carrots 5 minutes; set aside. Steam shelled peas 5 minutes; set aside. (If using frozen peas, follow package directions.)
- In large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, sour cream, olive oil, vinegar (or lime juice), salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly with a fork. Combine chicken and prepared vegetables with remaining ingredients. Pour dressing over and toss well. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Transfer salad to flat plate and decorate with hearts of romaine lettuce. Chill at least 2 hours. Serve with hot pita, lavash or French bread.
The Cookaussie_meat_pie My Kitchen, AU
The Rating5 people
Sounds absolutely declicious.joe1155 in Munchen loved it
Wow! will give this a go, love Kracus Dill Cucumbers!
The Polish ones.
Love all the flavours in this one.
Hi 5!!!lexdavies in Stafford loved it
fantastic recipe gotta print and save thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it