Lowfat Parmesan Crusted Chicken Pesto PastaFrom mistyx25 6 years ago
- 2lbs Fresh B/S chicken breasts shopping list
- 1/2lb fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1 can artichokes (any variety) shopping list
- 2 pkts pesto sauce mix (in the grocer's gravy/taco pkts section) shopping list
- 1c milk shopping list
- 2tbsp flour shopping list
- 2c chicken broth or seafood stock (doesn't matter) shopping list
- 4tblsp Minced garlic shopping list
- 1tbsp basil flakes shopping list
- 2c Grated parmesan cheese (Kraft can) divided into (2) 1c servings shopping list
- 2tbsp garlic pwdr shopping list
- 1 box spaghetti shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Mix 1c Parm Cheese with 2tbsp garlic pwdr in a large gallon ziplock baggie, place chicken, cut into strips, in baggie and shake well, covering chicken with mixture. You can always add more parm cheese if you don't feel like it is enough, bake at 425d for ~15min, until golden
- Cook pasta according to box directions
- In a bowl, mix milk, flour and beat with a fork/wisk until smooth (also add to your preference, I prefer mine a little thicker so I may add more), mix in pesto pkts one at a time and wisk again until smooth.
- In a pan on med heat, mix broth and milk mixture adding basil flakes, minced garlic, and remaining 1c of Parm cheese. (again, taste this if it's too tangy for you-add more parm cheese; if you like more zest add garlic or add lemon juice, you may add more flour to thicken or broth to thin the sauce)
- When sauce is warm, add mushrooms and artichokes (I cut mine into bite size pieces) but it's as you prefer, they only need a few min to brown.
- Serve with spaghetti on bottom, then pesto sauce, with chicken on top! Delish!