Bacon Onion SpaetzleFrom aussie_meat_pie 7 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 lb smoked bacon, diced shopping list
- 1 yellow onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- chopped fresh parsley leaves, for garnish shopping list
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, and nutmeg. In a separate bowl, combine the eggs and milk. Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until smooth; let stand for 30 minutes. Press the batter through a sieve into boiling salted water. Cook about 1 minute. Drop cooked spaetzle into ice water. Drain spaetzle and set aside.
- In a skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until golden, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add onions and cook until soft, about 4 to 5 minutes. In a separate skillet, saute the cooked spaetzle in the oil until golden. Add the bacon mixture, season as needed with salt and pepper, and garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
The Cookaussie_meat_pie My Kitchen, AU
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!